Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yad Vashem


Yad Vashem

Fortunately, I have had the privilege to say that I have visited the Yad Vashem museum in Israel. When I visited I was only eight years old with brief knowledge of the Holocaust. Although after we learned about what Yad Vashem has to offer really helped me understand, now, what I missed when I went to the museum a few years ago. Yad Vashem means ‘A place and a name’, words strictly taken from the words of Isaiah. What was meant through Yad Vashem was "A place and a name," for the innocent people who weren’t given the dignity of a Jewish burial, or any burial at all in millions of cases. Yad Vashem worked closely with Holocaust education scholars to obtain accurate research to recognize the lives lost because of ignorance, hate, and lack of knowledge toward a people of innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment