Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Memory Box Project


Memory Box Project

Bertha Adler was the name of the teenager my group and I researched for the memory box project. She was 16 years old and had less than any 16 year old has today. Her parents were both put in the death camps and her and her sister were the only survivors. My group and I created the story that her family came from an Orthodox Jewish family, and that she had the greatest teenage years before the Holocaust. We came up with the idea which if she were to be alive today, she would have gotten married to a certain person she met in the ghetto. Our box was filled with Judaic items, jewelry that was passed down from generation to generation, and family photos. This project really taught me I am such a lucky teenager and I have so much more than many teens ever had in the Holocaust; I have a social life, I have friends to see at school, I have family to spend time with during the weekend, I have items still in my possession, and many other things Bertha never had. Unfortunately for Bertha she was banned from any public venue because she was Jewish, she was forced out of her home because she was Jewish, and she lost her parents because she was Jewish. I can honestly say this was one of my favorite projects because there was proof I have it easy and my life is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment