Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Holocaust Deniers

Holocaust Deniers

Holocaust deniers are honestly on some type of drug or something. How can a person deny an obvious truth and an obvious event in history; there is so much proof showing the Holocaust was real. I think it’s pure ignorance and lack of knowledge about the discrimination going around in the world today and in the past. The tattoos, the burned shoes, the burned Sidurs, the rooms filled with hair, the footage of the horrid days, the stories, the history, the proof was not made up; people thinking the Holocaust is a myth is simply defined as anti-Semitism. When I did some research on Holocaust denial, it was shocking to see how many people think the Holocaust is fabricated and an excuse for the establishment for the State of Israel and a way of receiving huge payments in restitution from Germany. Reading and watching the thoughts of the deniers really disgusts me, how could they come up with these thoughts? And now most of the survivors are slowly passing because of old age, and there will no longer be living proof of what happened. It just doesn’t register to me how a person can deny or distort the facts of the Holocaust. I know that I have a duty to educate and talk about the Holocaust as much as possible, I have met survivors and I have further knowledge that I can share with many people. If people can pass this information on, we’d definitely have less ignorant comments about the Holocaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment